Flexible Scheduling for RNs
At Hanover Hospital we understand the importance of enjoying the time you spend away from your job. That’s why we offer multiple non-traditional shift options for our nurses in addition to regular shifts. We believe that these options are an important part of creating a positive and healthy work-life balance for our staff.
RN Weekend Option:
To be eligible for the RN Weekend Option, nurses must have a minimum of 2 years relevant clinical experience in the area of hire. All Weekend Option positions will be hired as 0.6 FTE (RPT), and be eligible for benefits purchase for health and dental insurance. These positions are eligible for tuition reimbursement at the full time rate. Weekend Option nurses must sign a commitment agreement upon entering the program and will be required to renew the agreement every six months to indicate their desire to remain in the program pending availability of position continuation.
- Weekend Option nurses will be required to work 48 out of 52 weekends per calendar year. One weekend per quarter will be granted off, without pay, based on request, approval and department need.
- Weekend shifts are from 7 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Monday. The NM/Director will be responsible to designate the weekend option shifts that are required for their department.
- Current employees may apply for available Weekend Option positions with the understanding that the position would be a transfer position and not an additional position.
- Employees enrolling in the Registered Nurse Weekend Option Program remain “at-will” employees.
- When one of the hospitals’ recognized major holidays falls on a weekend shift, this nurse will be required to work. This cannot be one of the requested off weekends.
- Compensation for weekend option required shifts worked are as follows:
Day $44.00 M/S $48.00 ED/ICU/HVU
Evening $49.00 M/S $53.00 ED/ICU/HVU
Night $49.00 M/S $53.00 ED/ICU/HVU
- Non-productive time (meetings, education, orientation etc.) will be paid at rate of pay of $32.00/hr.
RN Float Pool:
The Registered Nurse Float Pool will provide additional RN staffing as supplemental coverage for non-productive time, such as PTO, Holiday, sick calls, and increases in volume and acuity. To be eligible for the RN Weekend Option, nurses must have a minimum of 2 years relevant clinical experience in med/surg, ED, HVU or critical care clinical experience within specialty. All RN Float Pool staff will be hired into 0.6 FTE or 0.9 FTE positions according to experience.
- Two major holiday and two minor holiday are required. (Major: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day; Minor: Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Good Friday, Easter, Halloween)
- All RN Float Pool nurses will be required to work every third weekend according to department need.
- Current employees may apply for the RN Float Pool with the understanding that the float pool position would be a transfer position and not an additional position.
- Employees enrolling in the Registered Nurse Float Pool remain “at-will” employees.
- RN Float Pool nurses will be eligible for merit or other wage increases.
- RN Float Pool nurses will receive a base pay hourly rate commensurate with experience. An additional $5.00/hour will be paid on worked hours only.
- Base hourly rate of pay will be provided for orientation, education and non-productive time off i.e. PTO, Holiday.
- Staff must work a minimum of 4 hours into the evening or night shift to receive the shift differential.
For additional program information, call one of our recruiters today at (717) 316-2274 or (717) 316-2184.
Find balance in your career at Hanover Hospital.