Safety Measures for Pediatrics and Maternity
Like most hospitals, Hanover Hospital has added security measures in place for the Pediatrics and Maternity Departments to ensure that your child is safe during his/her stay. Here are a few extra tips for keeping your child safe while you are in the hospital:
- Always keep your infant in your direct line-of-sight, even when you use the bathroom. If you think you may fall asleep while you are alone, ask that a nurse take your infant to the nursery. If you have a trusted adult visitor staying with you, be certain that he/she will watch the baby should you fall asleep.
- Do not entrust the care of your child or baby to anyone you do not know who does not show proper hospital identification.
- When his/her shift ends, ask each nurse to introduce you to the next nurse personally so that you will always know those who are in charge of your child's care.
- Push the call button if you feel threatened or are uncomfortable with anyone who is in you or your child's room.
- If your infant or child must leave the room for tests and you cannot accompany him/her, be sure that all of your questions have been answered before your child leaves.
- For your own records, have one color photograph of your child or baby's face. Keep your child's description including thumb or footprints, hair and eye color, height, date of birth and specific physical characteristics with this photograph.