The Hanover Hospital Auxiliary held its first meeting in October 1925, one year before the official opening of the hospital. Sewing linens for the new hospital was one of the first functions of the Auxiliary. This committee continued its work until 1954 when the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary Hospitality Shop opened its doors, offering patients, staff and visitors a variety of unique gifts.
Save the date for these upcoming Auxiliary events:
- Poinsettia Sale Pre-Orders: Pre-orders of less than 10 plants, may be picked up on December 7th in the Employee Entrance from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tree of Life: December 4, 6 p.m. - Click here to learn more about the tree and download a form for sponsoring lights on the tree
- $5 Jewelry Sale: December 7-8, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and December 9, 7 a.m.-4 p.m.; held at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 129 Charles Street, Hanover (across the street from the hospital's visitors parking lot)
In the years since its inception, the Auxiliary has awarded over $190,000 in grants to employees for continuing education, purchased the hospital's courtesy vans, and has helped in the purchase of hospital equipment.
The Auxiliary supports Hanover Hospital through the following services:
- Courtesy Van: provides transportation to and from the hospital free of charge to those in need
- Continuing Education : provides over $10,000 annually to employees who are enrolled in health-related educational programs
- Hospitality Shop: provide patients, staff, and the community with a variety of gift and convenience items
- Student Education Services: provides classroom programs
- Community Outreach: provides assistance for medical costs to less fortunate families through the Special Needs Fund
- Vending: provides vending services in the hospital and satellite facilities
If you would like more information about the Auxiliary or its events or are interested in becoming a member, please call the Auxiliary office at (717) 316-2281.