Proceeds from all Auxiliary sales benefit Hanover Hospital.
Save the date and stay tuned for more information on the Auxiliary's winter events!
$5 Jewelry Sale:
December 2 & 3, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and December 4, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. in Conference Room M at Hanover Hospital – Stop in to browse and select from a wide variety of new fashion jewelry, rings, watches, necklace sets, readers, tote bags, scarves and leggings – all available at the affordable price of $5 per item. Look for new items such as real Lokai bracelets, selfie sticks, sterling silver post earrings and new letter artwork – to create custom keepsakes!
29th Annual Tree of Life Illumination Ceremony:
December 6, 6 p.m. on the corner of Highland Avenue and Charles Street – A $5 donation places a light on the tree in memory of, in honor of, or in appreciation of someone special to you. Forms are available in the Hospitality Shop or by calling (717) 316-2281. All donors and persons honored will be listed in a beautiful book located in the main lobby of the hospital during the holiday season. Cards acknowledging your donation will also be sent out.
Hospitality Shop Holiday Raffle:
December 11 – The Hospitality Shop is hosting a raffle for a four-piece set of Victorian Carolers, valued at $90. Tickets are $1 each or six for $5. Stop in to see the newly arrived holiday embellishments, decorations, ornaments and gifts and take a chance on winning these beautiful figures!
The Hanover Hospital Auxiliary held its first meeting in October 1925, one year before the official opening of the hospital. Sewing linens for the new hospital was one of the first functions of the Auxiliary. This committee continued its work until 1954 when the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary Hospitality Shop opened its doors, offering patients, staff and visitors a variety of unique gifts.
In the years since its inception, the Auxiliary has awarded over $100,000 in grants to employees for continuing education, purchased the hospital's courtesy vans, and has helped in the purchase of hospital equipment.
The Auxiliary supports Hanover Hospital through the following services:
- Courtesy Van: provides transportation to and from the hospital free of charge to those in need
- Continuing Education : provides over $10,000 annually to employees who are enrolled in health-related educational programs
- Hospitality Shop and Hospitality Cart: provide patients, staff, and the community with a variety of gift and convenience items
- Student Education Services: provides hospital tours and classroom programs
- Community Outreach: provides assistance for medical costs to less fortunate families through the Special Needs Fund
- Vending: provides vending services in the hospital and satellite facilities
If you would like more information about the Auxiliary or its events or are interested in becoming a member, please call the Auxiliary office at (717) 316-2281.