Proceeds from all Auxiliary sales benefit Hanover Hospital.
NEW LOCATION!—Masquerade $5 Jewelry & Accessory Sale:
This sale will be held at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 129 Charles Street (directly in back of Hanover Hospital.) Come and see the fabulous new spring jewelry, featuring the trendiest colors and style—all at the affordable price of $5 per item. April 13, 14 & 15, 2016 7 am to 7 pm Wednesday & Thursday and 7 am to 4 pm on Friday. Every purchase qualifies for a discount coupon to be used in the Hospitality Shop in the Hospital, during the Jewelry & Accessory Sale.
Mother's Day Garland Of Roses:
For a donation of $5, a rose will be added to the Garland of Roses on our evergreen tree, located on the south corner of Charles Street and Highland Avenue. Symbolic roses may be placed on the tree in honor, remembrance or in appreciation of a woman (or women) that is close to your heart. To purchase a rose, contact the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary at 717-316-2281.
The Hanover Hospital Auxiliary held its first meeting in October 1925, one year before the official opening of the hospital. Sewing linens for the new hospital was one of the first functions of the Auxiliary. This committee continued its work until 1954 when the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary Hospitality Shop opened its doors, offering patients, staff and visitors a variety of unique gifts.
In the years since its inception, the Auxiliary has awarded over $100,000 in grants to employees for continuing education, purchased the hospital's courtesy vans, and has helped in the purchase of hospital equipment.
The Auxiliary supports Hanover Hospital through the following services:
- Courtesy Van: provides transportation to and from the hospital free of charge to those in need
- Continuing Education : provides over $10,000 annually to employees who are enrolled in health-related educational programs
- Hospitality Shop and Hospitality Cart: provide patients, staff, and the community with a variety of gift and convenience items
- Student Education Services: provides hospital tours and classroom programs
- Community Outreach: provides assistance for medical costs to less fortunate families through the Special Needs Fund
- Vending: provides vending services in the hospital and satellite facilities
If you would like more information about the Auxiliary or its events or are interested in becoming a member, please call the Auxiliary office at (717) 316-2281.