The fellowship-trained physicians of Hanover Orthopaedics have special training in joint (hip & knee) replacement, hand/upper extremity, sports medicine and spinal care so that orthopedics patients have the best care available.
The staff at Hanover Hospital works to create a family-like atmosphere and a friendly environment. The physicians at Hanover Orthopaedics – Wellspan will spend significant time discussing all operative and non-operative options with you so you are comfortable with your treatment plan.
Surgical procedures are performed at Hanover Hospital and the Hanover SurgiCenter at Hillside Medical Center.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call Hanover Orthopaedics at (717) 632-5259 or 1-800-451-9383.
Check out our top five reasons for choosing Hanover Hospital for your orthopedic needs.
- Doctors and staff at Hanover Hospital have special training so that orthopedics patients have the best care available. At Hanover Orthopaedics – Wellspan, each physician has further training (a fellowship) in a specialty area; they all have become experts in their fields. Additionally, members of the nursing staff have Orthopedic Nursing Certifications. This designation requires additional education and testing and ensures that these nurses are specially trained to care for patients who have undergone orthopedic surgery.
- Hanover Hospital uses cutting-edge technology and equipment from the orthopedics office to the operating room. TraumaCad® digital templating technology allows orthopedic surgeons to precisely plan for joint replacements. Hanover Hospital has led the way in using this digital, web-based planning system to increase the efficiency and accuracy of each surgery.
- The “Joint Replacement Journey” is a pre-operative education program for patients and their families. This class helps patients understand how to prepare for surgery and what to expect during and after their operations.
- For convenience, there are physical therapy facilities in multiple Hanover locations, Littlestown and Spring Grove. They are among the finest in the region, resulting in excellent range of motion for patients undergoing knee replacement and exceptional mobility for all patients who have had orthopedic surgery.
- Hanover Hospital has consistently received five-star ratings from HealthGradesTM for overall orthopedics, total knee replacement, total hip replacement and joint replacement. Rankings are based on complication rates for each surgery, and Hanover Hospital's are nearly the lowest in the state.