About Us

We began caring for the community on October 22, 1926 when philanthropists Harper D. Sheppard and Clinton N. Myers united local residents around the concept of a community hospital. The local newspaper wrote that the Hospital began its history "under the most favorable auspices and with the hearty well-wishes of the entire community, taking its place as an instrument of high service and ever-present help in the crises of existence." We now have 93 licensed beds and we continue to serve our original not-for-profit purpose and embrace our founding principle of high service.

On September 1, 2017, Hanover Hospital and its network of outpatient services and physician offices (Hanover HealthCare PLUS) became a member of the UPMC Pinnacle family.