The Hanover SurgiCenter provides same-day surgery services to the community in a setting that combines care, convenience and quality.
Hillside Medical Center
250 Fame Avenue, Suite 130
Hanover, PA 17331
View Google Map
At our state-of-the-art facility, we provide personal care in a soothing atmosphere. Our facility has been designed and our staff has been trained to minimize patients' fear and provide patients with a positive surgical experience. We offer a comfortable and spacious waiting room, private preoperative area, fully equipped operating rooms, recovery room and a patient recovery lounge. Ample parking and convenient scheduling help make your stay as pleasant as possible. Our physicians represent a wide variety of medical specialities including: Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, General Surgery, Urology, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Dentistry and Plastic Surgery. Assisting the physicians is our team of nurses, technicians, and nurse anesthetists, specially trained in surgical and emergency situations using the most modern equipment available. Hanover SurgiCenter is licensed by the State of Pennsylvania and is a member of the Federated Ambulatory Surgery Association. We are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
Before You Arrive
| Day of Surgery
| Billing Information
Before You Arrrive
The Pre-Assessment Nurse will contact you prior to your surgery to confirm your appointment, review your health survey, and answer any questions you have.
You will receive a phone call from the Hanover SurgiCenter the day before your surgery/procedure to confirm your arrival time, review instructions for diet restrictions and medication, and answer any questions you have. If you are not going to be home or have not been reached by 3 p.m., please contact the center at (717) 633-1600 for your instructions.
Please consider the following before your surgery/procedure:
Day of Surgery
- Carefully review your physician's preoperative instructions
- Inform the Hanover SurgiCenter staff of all medications you take and any medication allergies that you are aware of
- Call your physician if you develop an illness, fever, breaks in the skin, rashes or respiratory problems before your surgery/procedure
- For women, please notify your physician if there is any possibility you are pregnant
- If you require anesthesia or sedation, please arrange for someone 18 years or age or older to drive you home after your surgery/procedure and stay with you for 24 hours thereafter. Your escort is welcome to stay at the center, or we can contact that person when you are ready to go home. Your surgery will not be performed if a responsible adult does not drive you to and from the center.
Before arriving, please remember:
- Bathe or shower with an antibacterial soap the morning of your surgery to minimize the chance of infection
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight unless otherwise instructed by a SurgiCenter nurse
- Do not wear fingernail polish, make-up, contact lenses, jewelry or perfume
- Wear loose-fitting, casual clothing and low-heeled shoes
- Leave all valuables at home, including your wallet and jewelry
- Bring your driver's license or any form of photo ID, insurance cards and forms, Medicare cards and other financial information
- Take heart, blood pressure, seizure and breathing medications and any other medicine as directed at normal times with a sip of water
- Use inhalers as usual and bring them with you
- If you are diabetic, do not take any pills or insulin the morning of surgery, but bring them with you
- If your child is having surgery, please feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or special blanket for added reassurance
- Limit the number of people who accompany you. To maximize the comfort of all visitors, we suggest that adult pateitns be accompanied by only one person
When you arrive, a nurse will escort you to the preoperative area where your pulse, temperature, respiration and blood pressure will be checked. You will be given a gown to wear and your clothes will be placed in a bag. Your physician and anesthesiologist will meet with you prior to your surgery/procedure. Please expect an occasional delay in the surgical schedule.
You will be asked many times to verify your name, date of birth and the procedure you are having done. This is a guideline from the Department of Health and is only for your safety.
Our staff will make every effort to answer any questions you may have regarding your insurance coverage or insurance participation. For your convenience, we accept payment by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Care Credit. Please contact our billing office immediately for assistance in resolving any account balances or concerns at (717) 633-1600.
Hanover SurgiCenter is recognized by all major insurance carriers and participates with the following:
- AmeriHealth Administrators
- Health America/Health Assurance
- AmeriHealth Mercy
- Capital Blue Cross
- Capital Blue Cross Senior Blue
- Carefirst POS (Maryland BS)
- Carefirst PPO (Maryland BS)
- Coventry Health and Life
- Coventry Healthcare Management Corp.
- Federal Blue Shield
- First Health Life and Health Ins. Co.
- First Health Group Corp.
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Highmark Freedom Blue
- Keystone Health Plan
- Metra Health
- South Central Preferred