For your convenience, we off three types of accommodation:
- semi-private (two beds)
- deluxe private rooms
Insurance companies cover only the costs of semi-private accommodations, so patients choosing either private or deluxe private rooms are responsible for the difference in cost. Private bathrooms are available in most rooms and are equipped with handrails and grab bars for your safety.
We attempt to provide you with the type of accommodations you requested prior to admission. However, given the nature of our services and your specific needs, this may not always be possible. Even with advance notice, it is difficult at times to determine which rooms will become available on a given date. We hope you find your room comfortable.
Phones and TVs
- Every room is equipped with a telephone for which there is a charge of $1.50 per day (no fee will be charged if you do not use the phone).
- Special equipment is available for hearing-impaired patients.
- Long distance calls must be billed either to a credit card number or to your home number.
- Remote control color television sets are available in all patient rooms. Access to public and commercial television programs is available at $1.50 per day ( no fee will be charged if you do not use the television).
- Private television sets are not permitted in the hospital. You may play your own radio only if it is battery operated and has earphones.
Hanover Hospital is a smoke-free institution and patients, visitors, and employees are not permitted to smoke within hospital buildings.
Your physician will order a diet for you. When possible, a variety of choices for individual dietary preferences such as Kosher or vegetarian dishes will be arranged.
Menus for the next day will arrive on your breakfast tray. To order, simply fill in your name and room number and circle the foods that you desire for each meal. If you are on a restricted diet or want help with your selection, speak with the Menu Clerk who will pick up your order sometime after breakfast.
Approximate meal time are as follows:
- Breakfast 7:25 am - 8:00 am
- Lunch 11:25 am - 12:15 pm
- Dinner 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
A between meal snack can be provided at your request if your diet permits. Special medical procedures or tests may affect your regular meal service. Your tray may be held or you may receive a restricted diet in preparation for your test.
Mail is distributed once a day. Mail will reach you faster if the address includes your room number. Packages and flowers will be delivered to your room as they arrive.
A variety of newspapers are available in vending machines located outside of the Visitors Entrance.
Hospitality Shop & Cart
The Hospitality Shop, operated by the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary and located in the Visitors Lobby, stocks magazines, toilet items, candy, toys, gifts, and greeting cards.
It is open:
- Weekdays 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The Hospitality Cart visits all patient care areas – except the OR and Critical Care – Monday through Friday, bringing good cheer and a variety of items for purchase from the Hospitality Shop.
The Hanover Area Council of Churches provides on-call clergy for those patients desiring a pastoral visitation who do not have local church membership. Patients and family members may request this service by notifying a nurse.
The services of a Notary Public are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling est. 2135 or 2154.