Through Highmark Blue Shield, Hanover Hospital is able to offer a number of health and wellness programs throughout the year. Cost varies by program. Some events are free; some have a fee associated with them. Select events are free for Highmark Blue Shield members only.
Some of the programs Hanover Hospital has offered with Highmark Blue Shield include:
- Health on the Menu: Get Moving - Get moving at home and at work. Learn how to start a safe, effective and comprehensive exercise program for a healthier lifestyle.
- Health on the Menu: All About Heart Health and Blood Pressure - About one out of every three American adults has high blood pressure. This program talks about "knowing your numbers" and how to make healthy lifestyle choices to maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure control.
- Drop 10 in 10 - This group-based program is designed to help participants lose 10 pounds (or 10 percent) of their body weight through an intensive program of optimal nutrition, regular exercise and behavior change. Drop 10 in 10 is designed to help individuals move away form the all or nothing
- Eat Well for Life: Better Living, Not Dieting - Making healthy food and lifestyle choices and adopting practices are important steps in achieving a balanced lifestyle, long term weight management and optimal health and wellness. Participants discover easy meal planning tools, smart shopping strategies and healthy ways to cook great tasting foods.
- HOPE - This interactive wellness and lifestyle improvement program focuses on healthy choices to improve bone health and prevent or manage osteoporosis including nutrition, exercise, stress management, medications, supplementation, and other lifestyle habits.
To learn more about current wellness programs and events, please call our event line at (717) 316-EVENT .