Hanover Hospital is again the proud recipient of the prestigious HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence AwardTM
. This designation is the result of a review of almost 5,000 hospitals around the country by HealthGrades, Inc., the nation's leading independent ratings company. Hanover Hospital's high rating means that patients are less likely to experience a major complication and that the hospital has a lower complication rate than 95% of the other facilities in the country.
- Ranked #1 in PA for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012
- Ranked #2 in PA for Joint Replacement in 2012
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in PA for Overall Orthopedic Services For 7 Years in a Row (2006-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in PA for Joint Replacement For 7 Years in a Row (2006-2012)
Orthopedic 5-Star Ratings:
- Five-Star Rated for Overall Orthopedic Services (2011-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement (2005-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Spine Surgery (2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement (2005-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Total Hip Replacement (2007-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Hip Fracture Treatment (2011-2012)
- Five-Star Rated for Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) (2012)
Blue Distinction® is a national designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality health care in the areas of bariatric surgery, cardiac care, complex and rare cancers, knee and hip replacment, spine surgery or transplants.
The goal of Blue Distinction is to identify medical facilities that deliver better overall quality and patient outcomes for a specific area of specialty care. Capital Blue Cross has named Hanover Hospital as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® program expanded recently to include more robust quality measures focused on improved patient health and safety, as well as new cost-efficiency measures (+).
If a painful knee is slowing you down, contact Hanover Orthopaedics – Wellspan at
(717) 632-5259 or 1-800-451-9383, or visit www.HanoverOrtho.com.