||The online version of our Patient and Visitor Guide is a great reference tool for anyone who is planning a stay at the hospital or is visiting a friend or loved one. Hospital volunteers deliver hardcopies of the guide to each patient. (Click the image to view the guide.)
A visit from a friend or loved one can really brighten up a patient’s day. However, please remember that rest is an important part of recovery. The visiting hours for each unit are appropriate to the needs of its patients and are subject to restriction by the patient’s physician.
General Medical/Surgical: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Maternity: Card Access at all times. Any visitor under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Visitor passes are required.
Critical Care Area: Visiting is restricted to immediate family and clergy (unless otherwise designated by the patient) at these times:
- 11 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
- 2 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
- 7 p.m. – 7:20 p.m.
Pediatrics: Card Access at all times. Any visitor under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Visitor passes are required.
Emergency Department: Two visitors only.
- A visit from a friend or loved one can really brighten up a patient’s day. However, please remember that rest is an important part of recovery.
- Please limit visitors to two at a time.
- Visits should be limited to 15 minutes to avoid tiring patients.
- People with colds or other infectious diseases should not visit.
- Visitors under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under age 12 are not permitted where isolation concerns exist.
- All visitors coming into the hospital after 8 p.m. must receive an After Hours pass from Security at the Building Operations Center, 1st floor of the East Building/Emergency Ambulatory Entrance.
- Visitors should not bring food or refreshments to a patient without the consent of the patient’s physician or nurse.
- If a patient needs help, please get a nurse. Do not attempt to help the patient yourself.
Patient rooms may be contacted by calling (717) 316-3711 or 1-800-673-2426, and asking for the patient by name, room, and bed number, or telephone extension. Pay phones and courtesy phones for in-house calls are located throughout the hospital. For assistance with the courtesy phones, please dial 0 for the operator.
Valet parking / Concierge Services
Valet/Concierge Services are available at the Main Lobby to assist those patients and visitors who may need additional assistance with parking, directions, wheel chairs, or other needs.
Other quick links:
Hospitality Shop (Gifts)
Nadine's Cafe (Cafeteria Services)