Proceeds from all Auxiliary sales benefit Hanover Hospital.
Click the image next to each event (where available) for a printable flyer with more information.
Masquerade $5 Jewelry Sale
May 6 & 7, 2015, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
May 8, 2015, 2014, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hanover Hospital, Conference Room M (near the Main Lobby)
Come see the wonderful selection of jewelry and accessories, all priced at $5. Choose from thousands of quality items, offered by Masquerade Fundraising, part of a national company that has raised more than $10 million for hospital auxiliaries throughout the country.
Cash, Visa and MasterCard accepted.
Mother’s Day Garland of Roses
May 3-16, 2015
The first two weeks of May, a rose will be added to the evergreen tree, located on the south corner of Charles Street and Highland Avenue for the special women in your life for a $5 donation. The roses are in honor, in remembrance or in appreciation of a woman or women close to your heart. A special acknowledgement card will be sent to this person or her family. Donors and persons honored will also be listed in a beautiful book displayed in the hospital’s Visitor’s Lobby during the “blooming season.”
The Hanover Hospital Auxiliary held its first meeting in October 1925, one year before the official opening of the hospital. Sewing linens for the new hospital was one of the first functions of the Auxiliary. This committee continued its work until 1954 when the Hanover Hospital Auxiliary Hospitality Shop opened its doors, offering patients, staff and visitors a variety of unique gifts.
In the years since its inception, the Auxiliary has awarded over $100,000 in grants to employees for continuing education, purchased the hospital's courtesy vans, and has helped in the purchase of hospital equipment. The Auxiliary supports Hanover Hospital through the following services:
- Courtesy Van: provides transportation to and from the hospital free of charge to those in need
- Continuing Education : provides over $10,000 annually to employees who are enrolled in health-related educational programs
- Hospitality Shop and Hospitality Cart: provide patients, staff, and the community with a variety of gift and convenience items
- Student Education Services: provides hospital tours and classroom programs
- Community Outreach: provides assistance for medical costs to less fortunate families through the Special Needs Fund
- Vending: provides vending services in the hospital and satellite facilities
If you would like more information about the Auxiliary or its events or are interested in becoming a member, please call the Auxiliary office at (717) 316-2281.